z

Young Writers Society



Wild and free

by Writing for love is a pas


All we asked you to do was call.
Then you’d see how much I love you,
My loves like a leaf, its beginning to fall,
Even though you said you’d always be true,
You know you need me forever and a day,
For the game of hostage we will play,
When you are back with me,
The leaf is growing back on the tree,
I will love you for eternity.
My love once more is more than free,
Like riding the waves on the ocean sea,
Like a buzzing bumble bee,
Never to be held back again.
I thought you were my friend,
Maybe we will never see the end,
If you will go back out with me, myself, and I,
My love for you is so high,
There that bumble bee goes in the sky,
Maybe hostage will be more someday,
Wild and free like the ocean waves.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
25 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 25

Donate
Fri May 30, 2008 9:04 pm
December Nights wrote a review...



The title could be something different because the only line that relates to it is the last one. This is like poetically asking someone out, right? Because that's what I think it is. It's really good, but at the end you kinda let the whole poem let go wit the "go out" part. It doesn't completely ruin it though, it just lets down the momentum of the other brilliant lines.




User avatar
34 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 34

Donate
Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:16 pm
x-tears-x says...



Nice content and very sweet.




User avatar
41 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 41

Donate
Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:50 pm
coryab222 wrote a review...



I thought this was nice and romantic.

Though the content was good, I felt like the title did not fit the poem.
The lines when you say "Like riding the waves on the ocean sea, Like a buzzing bumble bee," I could not tell if you were comparing riding ocean waves to being like a bumble bee. Did you intend them to be separate thoughts? I would suggest clearing that up.




User avatar
1274 Reviews


Points: 35799
Reviews: 1274

Donate
Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:33 am
niteowl wrote a review...



There was some good stuff in here, but it's obscured at the moment by the rhyming and some lines that are incredibly confusing. For instance, why is "we" asking "you" to call in the first line? Does "you" have multiple partners? And the "hostage" thing. Is this an actual game or were you trying to say he's taking you hostage? Expand the imagery around "hostage" to make your meaning clear. Also, you make this sound like the narrator's in love with "you", then suddenly you say "I thought you were my friend". If you're indeed expressing romantic love, take this out.

If you will go back out with me, myself, and I,
My love for you is so high,
There that be goes in the sky,


This is an example of how rhyming can really sour up a piece. In these lines, I see no originality and the last line makes no sense as written. In the future, I'd avoid rhyming because it's incredibly difficult to pull off.

In addition, you were having too much fun with that comma key. You don't need a comma at the end of every line. Just punctuate like you would in prose, but try to avoid commas in the middle of the line.

Okay, I know what you're thinking: Didn't you say there was some good stuff in here? Yes I did, and I must say I enjoyed the comparison of love to a leaf. Maybe you could scrap this and start over, focusing more intensely on the imagery of the leaf. Stop worrying about the rhyme; instead, choose words based on the power of the image they convey. Perhaps the game of hostage part could be good too if you clarified it.

Keep writing! 8)




User avatar
158 Reviews


Points: 3263
Reviews: 158

Donate
Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:00 pm
thewritingdoc says...



Aww sweet. Good job :) bud





Veni, vidi, scripsi ~ I came, I saw, I wrote
— steampowered